Who owns the yacht Lady Moura?
Ricardo Benjamín Salinas Pliego is the new Lady Moura yacht owner. It was previously owned by the Saudi Arabian billionaire Nasser Al-Raschid. He owned the Lady Moura yacht from 1990 till 2022.
It was in early 2022 when the Saudi prince decided to sell the yacht, transferring ownership to Salinas Pliego, a Mexican business tycoon. While prince Nasser purchased the yacht for an astronomical price of $250 million, the yacht was sold to Pliego for $125 million.
“Many have referred to the Lady Moura yacht as a giga-yacht.”
The transaction between both these parties was initiated and managed by Camper & Nicholsons. They are one of the leading brokerage companies experienced in closing multi-million dollar deals. With the Lady Moura sale, they set the record for the fastest yacht deal ever closed for a superyacht measuring over 100 meters.
Eighteen days is all it took for the representatives at Camper & Nicholsons to find a new client for the Lady Moura yacht. It was the quickest deal done in over 10 years.
Take a look on our Yacht Party Dubai
Lady Moura yacht location: Find out where the yacht is
On December 13th, 2022, Lady Moura was located at the Suez Port, Egypt. The coordinates of the yacht are 26.05492 N / 55.81942 E. As per records, the Lady Moura yacht traveled from Port Rashid in Dubai on December 6th, 2022, to Egypt, arriving on 13th December. Lady Moura currently sails under the flag of the Bahamas.
The model has all the necessary interior design elements and features to host a romantic yacht wedding in Dubai.
Some of the other locations where the yacht was previously spotted include the following destinations:
- Marmaris, Turkey, recorded as of October 23rd, 2022
- Abu Dhabi recorded as of November 9th, 2022
- Doha, Qatar, recorded as of November 22nd, 2022
- Dubai recorded as of December 6th, 2022
An in-depth tour of the Lady Moura yacht
Considered to be amongst the most famous superyachts in the world, the Lady Moura has features worth diving into. We have mentioned each aspect of the Lady Moura yacht in detail below.
- Superyacht Lady Moura performance
- Lady Moura yacht interior
- Dimensions of the Lady Moura yacht
Superyacht Lady Moura performance
The Lady Moura yacht is powered by two TBD 510B V12 diesel Deutz AG engines. These two engines, in total, generate a colossal power output of 13,734 hp.
Each of these engines can produce a power of 6,867 horsepower. These mind-boggling performance figures can propel the yacht to top speeds of 22 knots. At the average cruising speed of 17 knots, the Lady Moura can cover 8,000 nautical miles.
The most optimal cruising speed of the Lady Moura is 20 knots. Which is pretty fast considering the dimensions of the superyacht.
Read all about Yacht Party in Dubai
Lady Moura yacht interior
Famous Italian designer, Luigi Sturchio, designed the Ultra luxurious interior of the Lady Moura yacht. You will find all the finest materials and technologies on the Lady Moura yacht.
Many modern yacht designers have stated that their design ideas have been inspired by the elements showcased on the Lady Moura. The yacht has 13 cabins capable of accommodating 25 – 27 passengers.
One of the priorities of the former owner was to cater to every guest’s requests promptly. Thus, the yacht employed a total of 72 crew members who were proficient in their skills.
Notable aspects of the interior
- Luxurious suites fitted with the most expensive marble materials
- Egyptian-inspired artwork displayed across the yacht’s interior
- With 6 decks in total, mobility was made easier for guests by installing elevators
- The yacht features a custom-made dining area that can accommodate 18 diners
Dimensions of the Lady Moura yacht
At the time of its launch in 1990, the Lady Moura yacht was ranked the 9th largest yacht. As of 2022, the yacht sits in the 67th position for the largest yachts in the world. These facts should hint at the sheer size of Lady Moura.
The Lady Moura superyacht measures 104.8 meters in length (343.1 ft.) Its waterline length measures 89.6 meters. It has a draught max measure of 5.4 meters. The yacht’s beam is 19.0 meters in length (62.4 ft.)
Other specifications of the yacht
- The net tonnage of the superyacht Lady Moura is 1,907 NT
- The gross tonnage of the Lady Moura is 6,539 GT
- The full load displacement measure of the yacht is 5,652
- It has two large propellers that help maneuver the yacht
- It produces 10,241 Kw in total from the two engines combined
- The yacht also has one helipad on the upper deck
- The hull configuration and type are displacement and monohull, respectively
- It has a water storage capacity measuring 229,829 gallons (870,000 liters)
- The yacht can also carry 87,969 gallons (333,000 liters) of fuel
- The superstructure of the yacht is made by combining two strong materials, aluminum and steel
- Lady Moura is categorized as a motor yacht
Lady Moura: The most extravagant superyacht
When it comes to the most extravagant superyachts in the world, Lady Moura is named one among them. From the most luxurious facilities onboard to a highly proficient crew, the experience of cruising on a Lady Moura is amazing to say the least.
While many would love to charter this luxurious yacht, the possibility is nil since the yacht is privately owned. Hence, to experience cruising on a superyacht, you can check out the options available while renting a yacht in Dubai.