Key features of the Moonlight 2 yacht
This 300 ft yacht has many standout features that make it an ideal option for long and adventurous charters across continents. The following are the top attributes of the yacht that make it popular and appealing among yachting enthusiasts.
- Classic Grecian designs have heavily influenced the interiors of the yacht.
- There is a helipad available on board the yacht.
- Guests can relax in the 2 luxury jacuzzis available in scenic spots on the yacht. One is on the master deck, and the other is on the sun deck.
- A spa and massage room is available where guests can unwind after a long day under the sun.
- There is an immense beauty and health center on board.
- A gentleman’s club is available where the guests can spend the evenings at their leisure.
- There is a medical center onboard which makes long voyages less stressful.
- A business center is available for passengers to stay connected to the rest of the world.
- Guests can enjoy watching movies in the fully furnished home theater onboard.
Be it a yacht wedding in Dubai or a birthday sailing trip, milestone events are best enjoyed at sea on a luxury vessel.
Size and capacity of the yacht
At 300 ft, the yacht is bigger than other superyachts. The beam and draft sizes are 47 ft and 13 ft, respectively. It has 18 lavish staterooms that fit up to 36 guests. Each bedroom is equipped with the latest furnishings and amenities, offering great ocean views. There are 36 crew members onboard to take care of passengers’ needs and safety.
Take a look on our Yacht Party Dubai
Build and performance of the yacht
Moonlight 2 is built by the Greek shipyard Neorion. The yacht moves at a maximum speed of 15 knots and has a range of 7,000 nm. Twin caterpillar engines of 2,750 hp are behind the yacht’s power and performance. Furthermore, the yacht features in-anchor stabilizer stabilizers that ensure a smooth sailing experience.
H.Poulias drew up the yacht’s interiors while Alpha Marine Ltd designed the exterior. She was initially built in 2005 and was refitted later in 2015.
About the builder
The ONEX Neorion shipyard is located on Syros Island in Greece and is known for building ultra-luxurious, powerful superyachts. Since it was first established in 1861, the shipyard has over 160 years of excellence to back it up.
Syros island is located in the southeast part of the Mediterranean region. It puts the shipyard in an ideal location in the Aegean Sea and makes it convenient for yachts to depart and arrive there.
Read all about Yacht Party in Dubai
Moonlight 2 yacht cost for charter
The yacht is available for charter on a weekly basis, and the base price does not include the expenses. It costs €645,000 per week to book a week’s trip on the Moonlight 2 yacht in the low season. In the high season, the charter price is €695,000. Considering the expenses, the costs can go up by a few thousand euros. The price is the same for both the summer and winter seasons.
Water activities to try out on the yacht
There is never a dull moment onboard the Moonlight 2 yacht, and the water toys available confirm it. Look at the top watersports activities guests can try during their yacht charter trip.
- 4 Yamaha Waverunners for guests to cruise at high speeds across the sea
- Water skis that guarantee a fun time with minimal training required
- 6 scuba diving gear to dive deep under the blue sea
- Snorkeling equipment for people who want to observe marine life without diving
- Fishing gear to grab the day’s catch, and can be cooked from the gourmet kitchen onboard.
- Seabobs that enable passengers to glide through the water
- Kayaks for exploring the sea at a slow and relaxed pace
Learn how to rent an Aicon yacht next.
Who owns Moonlight 2 yacht?
The yacht Moonlight 2 Besitzer is owned by Sultan bin Khalifa al Nahyan. Earlier, the yacht was built for Andreas Liveras under Alysia. She was developed along with the Queen Miri yacht and was only 280 ft long. In 2015, the length was also increased when the yacht was refitted for the new owner.
Moonlight 2 yacht location
The yacht sails through different continents depending on the season. During the summer, you can see the yacht cruising through popular yachting locations like Corsica, Ibiza, Amalfi Coast, Sardinia, French Riviera, and The Balearics. During the months between May and September, the weather is warm and pleasant in these areas, making the yachting conditions ideal.
During the summer, the weather gets scorching in the Middle East, and sailing is not a popular activity then. However, it cools down during the winter months, from October to April, and the weather becomes perfect for yacht cruising. During this time, the yacht can be seen in the UAE, along the coastline of Dubai and Abu Dhabi. Therefore, some prefer this ultra-luxury option during the winter season when it comes to yacht rental in Dubai.
Conclusion- Chartering the luxury Moonlight 2 yacht
All in all, Moonlight 2 yacht Dubai, Corsica, or wherever it sails manages to turn heads with its attractive design. Some try to make a Moonlight 2 yacht Prix while sailing in Abu Dhabi. Costing millions of euros, it is one of the most luxurious yachts in the world. Chartering the yacht is a bucket-list activity for sailing enthusiasts around the world.